- Client: Wyndham House
- Location: Bryanston Square, London
- Value: £70,000
- Boiler: Hamworthy
- Duration: 2 weeks
We were contacted by fortune management to investigate the hot water and heating problems that the residents were experiencing.
We found the boiler was underperforming, hot water chlorifier was in excess of 50 years old and not producing enough water for residents in peak demand.
We concluded the system was a reverse return system of pipework, the central heating water temperature was at 35 degrees. We also found that 12 of the outside fan units which controlled fresh air, stale air and heat to kitchens, toilets and offices etc were faulty.
- Existing commercial boilers continuously breaking down
- Undersized flue liner
- The existing water tank was a legionella threat
- Not able to achieve the desired hot water temperature
Work Carried Out
We designed and build a new A rated plant room insuring tenants would never run out of hot water and they would have more sufficient central heating throughout the building.
The boiler room was fitted using 2 Hamworthy Millbourne 100Kw condensing frame-mounted boilers. This also helped with reducing the carbon footprint and bringing the NoX levels in accordance with the City of London regulations.
- Removed existing cast iron atmospheric commercial boiler
- Removed existing galvanised 3000L water tank
- Designed and refurbished existing plant room
- Fitted two Hamworthy frame-mounted high-efficiency commercial boilers integrated with low loss headers
- Fitted 3 powerstock 300L indirect watertanks producing 3000l of water an hour to meet peak demands
- Reliable central heating throughout
- Hot water on demand
- Efficiency produced a 35% improvement
The complete system was installed and the previous system removed within 2 weeks.